Cashew mushroom chicken is inspired from the Thai Cashew chicken that Panda express,that they had introduces a while ago.I love their Mushroom chicken too, so I tried preparing a dish which has the goodness of both!Well I guess this week is dedicated to Panda Express!
1.Chicken breast - 1 lb shred into strips
2.Mushroom - 1 cup, cut into 4 halves
3.Celery - 1 cup,vertically sliced
4.Onion - 1 cup, vertically sliced
5.Bell pepper - 1 cup , cut into cubes
6.Baby Carrot - 1 cut, vertically sliced
7.Cashew nut - 1/2 cup
8. Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
9. Ginger - 1 tbsp , thinly sliced
10. Garlic chili sauce - 1/2 tbsp
13.Lime juice -1 tbsp
14. Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1. Marinate the chicken with salt pepper and lime juice for at least 1 hour.
2. In a wok,heat 1 tbsp oil on medium flame, shallow fry the chicken for 2-3 mins, cover lid and cook for another 5-7 mins,keep aside cooked chicken along with its oil.
2.In the same wok,heat 1 tbsp oil on high flame.
3. Saute ginger and cashew.
4. Add mushroom,saute and then cover the lid and cook for 3-5 mins.
5.Add onion,celery,carrot, bell pepper ,salt and saute .
6.Add 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp garlic chili sauce.
7.Add the chicken and saute for a min or 2.
8. Server it hot over steamed rice or pair it with fried rice!!!