1. Rice - 1 cup (raw rice)
2. Urad dal - 1/4 cup
3. Cooked rice - 2 tbsp
5. Onion - 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
6. Tomato - 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
7. Cilantro - 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
8. Chat Masala - 1 pinch
9. Green chilli - 1
Method of Preparation:
1. Grind soaked rice(5-6 hrs) finely in mixer/grinder with enough water and cooked rice to make a semi liquid batter.
2.Grind soaked urad dal finely with water.Add this batter to rice batter and add 1/2 tsp salt to it.
3. Keep this batter aside overnight in a warm place for fermentation.
4. In 24-30 hrs the batter should be well fermented and fluffy.
5. Heat a non-stick pan on a medium to high flame.
6. Pour one big spoon full of batter onto the hot non-stick pan, reduce the flame and wait for it to cook partially.
7. Add the cut tomatoes, onion,green chillis,cilantro leaves and sprinkle chat masala.
8. Drizzle a tsp of ghee onto it and flip the uttapam .
9. Cook the uttapam well for another min or 2.
10. Enjoy warm uttapam as snack with tea or coffee.