1. Fish(Macherel,Sardine,Anchovy) - 4-5 clean and cut
2. Tomatos - 1 chopped
3. Ginger - 1 Tbsp
4. Green Chilli - 2-3
5. Curry leaves - 1/4 cup
6. Grated coconut - 1 cup
7. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
8. Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
9. shallot - finedly chopped for garnish
10. Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
11.Tamarind water - 1 cup
12.Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
1. In an earthen pot , add the tomatos, ginger, green chilli , curry leaves,chilli powder, turmeric and salt.
2. Add the tamarind water and cook the ingredients in medium flame until it begins to boil.
3. Add the marinated fish(marinate the fish in salt and turmeric.
4.Add the fish to the pot and cook it in medium flame until the fish is well cooked and the gravy almost dries out.
5. In a mixer,make a fine paste of coconut,cumin seeds and turmeric,with some water.
6. Add this paste to the pot,and cook it for another 2-4 mins.
7. In another kadhai, heat the coconut oil and fry the finely chopped shallot until dark brown. add curry leaves to it.
8.Add it to the fish curry .
9. Serve this tangy fish curry with brown rice or can be enjoyed with puttu like my Grandma did. Miss you so much!!!