1. Chicken. - 2 lb
2. Onion - 1(thinly sliced)
3. Ginger - 2 tbsp(paste)
4. Garlic - 1 tbsp (paste)
5. Green Chilli - 1 tsp(paste)
6. Curry Leaves - 7-9
7. Cilantro - 1tbsp(chopped)
8. Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp
9. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
10. Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
11. Corriander powder - 1 tbsp
12. Pepper - 1 tsp(roasted & crushed)
13. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
14.Whole garam masala (1 cardamom, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick) - 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Marinate the cleaned chicken pieces with salt, turmeric and lime juice for about an hour.
2. In a wok, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds, add curry leaves, and whole garam masala.
3. Add the ginger,garlic and green chilli paste to it and roast in medium flame.Add the thinly sliced onion and half of the chopped cilantro leaves to it.
4. Roast the onion and cilantro with a pinch of salt and pepper until translucent.
5. Add red chilli powder and corriander powder to it.
6. Add the marinated chicken to it and cook it in low flame with closed lid.
7. Keep stirring occasionally until the chicken is well cooked in its own water and all the gravy dries out.
8. Garnish Chicken Roast with chopped cilantro leaves and lime and serve it with hot steamed rice.