1) Toor dal - 3/4 cup
2) Drumstick (vertical pieces) - 5 to 6
3) Raw Mango ( thinly sliced) - 1/2 cup
4) Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
5) Grated coconut - 3/4 cup
6) Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
7) Curry leaves- 7 to 10
8) Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
9) Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
10) Green Chilli ( thinly sliced) - 2
Method of Preparation:
1) Boil toor dal, drumstick , mango pieces green chilli and turmeric in 1 cup of water for two whistle in a pressure cooker.
2) In a mixer prepare a fine paste of grated coconut and cumin seeds with little water.
3) Add the coconut paste to pressure cooker and boil for 10 mins( excess water if present in pressure cooker should be evaporated before adding coconut paste.)
4) In a pan heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds followed by curry leaves.
5) Add this to the pressure cooker.
6) Toor dal with drumstic and maango is ready to be served with steamed rice.