1) Fish (king mackrel or pomphret)- 2 pounds
2) Shreaded Coconut - 1 cup
3) Chopped Ginger - 1 tbsp
3) Chopped Garlic- 1 Tbsp
4) Chopped Onion - Half Cup
5) Curry leaves
6) Coconut oil - 5 tbsp
7) Kodam Puli - 3 Pieces
8) Green Chili - 2
9) Turmeric- 1 Tsp
10) Chilli Powder - 1 Tsp
11) Corriander Powder - 1 Tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1) In a pot boil 3 cups of water,add salt , turmeric , 1/2 tsp chiilli powder and 1/2 tsp corriander powder.
2) Add the cut and cleaned fish to the boiling water and cook for 15 mins,until fish is well cooked .
3) Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
4) In a pan add 1 tbp of coconut oil and fry the shreaded coconut in low flame until golden brown, Grind it into a fine paste.
5) In another pot( preferably earthern pot ) add 4 tbsp of oil.
6) Add garlic, onion,ginger and green chillil , Stir then until they turn slightly brown.Add remaining 1/2 tsp of chilli owder and 1/2 tsp of corriander powder to it.
7) Add kodam puli to it and stir for another 5 mins.
8) To this add the fried coconut paste.
9) Stir well for another 5-7 mins.
10) Now add th cooked fish along with the spiced water in which it was cooked.
11) close the lid and cook for 10 mins.
12 Add curry leaves and serve it hot with steamed rice. :)