Saag chicken is indeed a treat for mouth when paired with steamed rice or naan.Its healthy and an item you could prepare when inviting friends.So here I go with my recipe of saag
1.Chicken breast - 2 lb cut into medium pieces
2.Saag/Palak/Spinach - 3 cups finely chopped
3. Coconut milk - 3/4 cup
4. Onion - 1 cup finely chopped
5. Tomato - 1 cup finely cut
6.Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
7. Green chili - 3 crushed
8. Kasoori methi - 1 tbsp
9. Garam masala whole - 1 tbsp(cardamom-3,cinnamon - 1 stick,clove-3,bay leaf-2,fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp)
12.Yogurt for marinade- 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
1.Marinate chicken with salt pepper and 1 tsp yogurt for at least 1 hours.
2.Grind the spinach leaves into a fine paste.
3.In a wok,heat i tbsp oil and splutter the whole garam masala.
4.add ginger garlic paste followed by green chili and onion.
5.Saute with 1/2 tsp of salt until onion turns translucent.
6.Add the chicken and cook with closed lid for 5-7 mins.
7.Add cut tomato and coconut milk.
8. Cook on low flame with closed lid for 5-7 mins
9.Add turmeric,coriander powder and chili powder and cook for another min.
10. Finally add the spinach paste and kasoori methi and cook without lid for 3-5 mins by stirring it occasionally.
11.Transfer it to a serving bowl and enjoy it with naan or steamed rice.