In the year 1991 I used to live in Tata Nagar,and there was a a very popular egg roll and chicken sweet corn soup stall. It was so popular that people would never mind standing in long queues to buy them.Today when I had left-over chili chicken from yesterday's Christmas party,I decided to make egg rolls out of them for evening snack.
1.onion - 1 finely chopped
2. Spring onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
3. Egg - 2 beaten with a pinch of salt
5.Chicken- 1/2 lb boneless thicken thigh.
a.Roast boneless chicken thigh pieces cut into very small pieces in a pan with 1 tbsp oil ,salt, 1 pinch turmeric,1/4 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp corriander powder in low flame with closed lid.Do not add water but stir it occasionally until the chicken is well done.
1.wheat flour - 1/2 cup
2.All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
3. salt - 1 pinch
4. oil - 1 tsp
5. water to make a soft dough(chapati consistency)
Method of Preparation:
1.Prepare a dough of the above ingredients and keep it aside for about half hour.
2. For stuffing mix the prepared chicken with onion and spring onion.
3. Heat a pan in high flame, roll small balls of dough into a chapathi size.
4. Cook one side for 2 mins,lower flame to low and flip,add ghee on other side and flip back.
5.Pour 3 tbsp of beaten egg and cook for 3 mins with closed lid.
6.Now flip and cook the side with egg down for 3 mins.
7.Take it out of the flame and let it cook for 2 mins.
8. Now add 1 full tbsp of the stuffing and add a tsp of ketchup and roll it and press to close the sides.
9. Enjoy it with hot coffee :)