Spinach Stir Fry

Spinach stir fry is a quick and healthy dish to be included in our diet.Growing up,this dish has been part of my dinner almost everyday,mainly because my dad simply wouldn't forget to get down at the farmers market at Alibagh ,on the way from office to home.And even if dad fell asleep,our driver uncle definitely knew where to stop and get it :) . I am glad just like me,my hubby and son too like this dish especially with yogurt and brown rice!

Ingredients:
1. Spinach - 1 bunch chopped(I prefer the red spinach too)
2. Basmati rice - 1 tsp
3. Curry leaves - 8
4. Garlic pods - 2 crushed
5. Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
6. oil
7. salt
8. turmeric - 1/4 tsp
9.Whole red chili - 2

Method of Preparation:
1. In a frying pan,heat 1 tbsp oil and splutter the rice.
2. Add curry leaves , whole red chili and garlic.
3. Add the chopped spinach and stir it with no lid.
4. when it cooks half way,add salt and turmeric
5. Stir for 6-8 mins.
6.Switch off the flame and add the grated coconut.
7. Enjoy it with yogurt and brown rice on a busy week day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment