Dosa sambar

Dosa,reminds me of school days.My tiffin box almost always had dosa as per friends demand to my mom,  Most days I would not even get to see my tiffin box,as my friends would finish it.But it was some of the wonderful days of my life, Miss you all my dear friends from school!!

Ingredients:
1.Raw rice - 1 cup
2.Urad Dal - 1/4 cup
3.Cooked rice - 1 tbsp
4.Salt
5.Fenugeek seeds - 3/4


Method of Preparation:
1.Soak rice,urad dal and fenugeek seeds over night in water.
2.Grind it into a fine paste in a mixed with cooked rice.
3.Add salt and soaked water while grinding to form a fine semi liquid paste(not too thick- not too thin).
4.The rice batter needs to be kept over night for fermentation in warm place.
5. Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high flame and pour 1 big spoon full of the batter when the pan is hot.
6.Spread it on the pan to form a thin medium side circle.Lower the flame to low.
7.Drizzle oil/ghee and flip when it seems almost cooked on one side.
8.Cook on other side for 2-5 mins.
9.Serve it hot with coconut chutney or simply with sambar.



No comments:

Post a Comment